CURRICULUM ASSESSMENT POLICY STATEMENT (CAPS)
REGISTER NOW BEFORE IT CLOSES!
Curriculum Assessment Policy Statements (CAPS) Curriculum
The SAD News
The new CAPS curriculum brought with it a few changes not necessarily in the subjects being written however in the content being assessed. The current challenge faced by both students and teachers is the inability to fully understand the curriculum. Teachers are failing to prepare learners fully for the curriculum hence resulting in learners going to the exam room with gaps. Because the truth of the matter is students reflect their teacher.
We got the solution…
As a student, you cannot therefore put your life, career and dreams in the life of a teacher who might be struggling and needing help. This is the reason why Ekurhuleni Tech is existing to help you understand the full curriculum and ensure that you pass the exam with quality passes that will enable you to do what you want to do.
As Ekurhuleni Tech we got a number of ways to help when it comes to the CAPS curriculum. These are:
- Video learning through use of prepared videos that will be combined with the everyday class. The videos are specifically created only for the Ekurhuleni students.
- Conducting classes through our specialised tutors who will take you through a process of closing the gaps you have and by the end of the year, more than ready to write.
- Periodic tests which will be written and anaylzed to find out the exact gaps you will be struggling with and remedies done.
More information will be added on this page including sample DVDs given FREE for you. Keep checking the page.
The main subjects offered include:
- Physical Science
- Life Science
- Life Science
- Business Studies
Which time do you qualify to write exams
Writing of exams takes place at two different times and it is very important if you are writing to select the right time to avoid missing the registration times.
If you wrote Matric in 2013, 2014 and 2015, the registration time is between January and March every year.
If you wrote NEVER wrote Matric at all or you wrote Matric in 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, and 2008, then your registration time is between June and August every year.
Anyone who wrote Matric from 2007, 2006, 2005 and so on when it was still Higher Grade and Standard Grade CANNOT upgrade their Matric with the new curriculum. The two options to choose from is either you re-write and complete it using Technical Matric (N3) OR you can start the new curriculum afresh and you will be regarded as a person who never wrote Matric and you register between June-August. This is because the two curriculums cannot be combined.
Conditions to write or re-write your CAPS matric-What is needed.
The following information is required if you want to write from scratch or re-write so as to upgrade your marks.
- You need to bring your Matric statement or certificate OR You need to have completed grade 10 or 11 with proof of a report. If you lost your report you can go to your previous school and ask them to re-write you another one as records are always kept or you ask for a letter that states that you completed your grade 10 or 11.
- You need to be 21 years old and above.
- If you happened to be studying General Education and Training with ABET ADULT Centers, you need to have completed level 4 and passed the level. The level 4 is equivalent to Grade 11 and you can use that qualification to enroll for grad 12.
- You need two copies of the above requirements.
- You also need to certified copies of Identity Document.
- You also need to pay the registration fee applicable at that time which currently is between R250-R500
For more information on how you can register or any other information, you can leave a comment below with your email or phone number we will get back to you, or alternatively visit our office in Krugersdop