Educare N4 – N6
REGISTRATIONS FOR ENGINEERING STUDIES APRIL 2024 EXAMS NOW OPEN! REGISTER NOW!
Educare Career Path
Working with children has been placed as the top priority by the Department of Basic Education. The new changes coming including qualifications and requirements for Early Childhood Development Centres (ECD) makes Educare N4-N6 course a very important qualification.
If you want to work towards a career as a playschool teacher, day care centre administrator, day care centre manager, or assistant Grade R teacher, or you already have or want to start up your own ECD centre, then a qualification in Educare might be best suited for you. .
What is Educare?
Educare refers to looking after children when their parents are at work. It simply means to educate and take care of children while parents are off to work or busy running errands. They need to place their trust in someone to look after their little ones while being able to provide the much needed financial security and upkeep for their children.
How To Obtain A Diploma In Educare?
Obtaining a diploma in Educare is the reason of enrolling for Educare. The course details are as follows for a diploma in Educare;
SAQA ID: 90674
Course Credits: 360
NQF Level: Level 6
Course Duration: 18 to 36 months
To qualify as an Educare specialist you need to obtain both theoretical and practical aspects of the course. After completion of your studies, you will obtain a National N Diploma-Educare NATED N6 National Diploma.
Educare Course Requirements
- Must have a Matric Certificate (Amended Senior Certificate or National Senior Certificate) or equivalent qualification
- National Introductory Certificate in Educare
- Recognition of Prior Learning can be used to qualify to study Educare
- Be 16 years or older.
- Be able to read, write and understand English.
NQF Level Status
N4 – SAQA ID 66883– NQF LEVEL 5
N5 – SAQA ID 66971 – NQF LEVEL 5
N6 – SAQA ID 67007– NQF LEVEL 5
National N Diploma – SAQA ID 90674– NQF LEVEL 6
Educare Subjects / Course Modules
All subjects are compulsory:
- Day Care Personnel Development N4
- Educare Didactics: Theory and Practical N4
- Education N4
- Child Health N4
- Day Care Management N5
- Day Care Communication N5
- Educare Didactics: Theory and Practical N5
- Educational Psychology N5
- Day Care Management N6
- Day Care Communication N6
- Educare Didactics: Theory and Practical N6
- Educational Psychology N6
National N Diploma
- Complete the 18 months practical component
- You will be required to spend a certain number of hours at an ECD facility (such as a crèche),
- Present a certain number of lessons (under supervision of a qualified teacher, childcare worker, or ECD practitioner).
Assessment and Duration
There are two types of assessments: The internal assessment conducted by the college and the national assessment which is the final exam.
- Internal assessment comprises of two tests-Test 1 and Test 2 and the student must obtain a minimum pass of 40%. This assessment qualifies you to sit for the final exam. This assessment is marked by the college.
- Final assessment which is the national exam from the DHET. The exam is a single exam written mostly in the morning at a specified exam centre. The assessment is marked by DHET.
National Exams are conducted by Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) and also monitored by QCTO. Each N-Level course takes from 6 months to 12 months or 1-2 semesters. You can write all the subjects at once or split them. There are two semesters in a year:
- Semester 1: January to June
- Semester 2: July to December
Achievement and Award
The following certificates are awarded by upon successful completion of each level:
- National Certificate: N4: Educare
- National Certificate: N5: Educare
- National Certificate: N6: Educare
- National N Diploma: Educare
How to Register for Educare course
There are three ways we offer the course:
- Through full-time classes where you come to our campus
- Through part-time Saturday classes at our campus
- Through distance learning or what some call home study or correspondence. (Please note distance learning in Educare is yet to be implemented)
What else can you study-related
NATIONAL CERTIFICATE N4 STUDIES-EDUCARE
NATIONAL CERTIFICATE N5 STUDIES-EDUCARE
NATIONAL CERTIFICATE N6 STUDIES-EDUCARE
Let Us Help You Further
Complete the form and we will send you information on registration times, fees, career opportunities and any other relevant information that will be of benefit to your career. Fill the form for further assistance.
You can also send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Based Learning (Work Intergrated Learning)
Get practical skills for your career and advance yourself. This will enable you to gain world of work experience. DHET has a plaform that allows current students or those who have finished their studies to register so as to be matched with a relevant employer.
Register for employment opportunities on the following link: Work Experience Registration
The DHET has a career portal that helps learners make informed decision concerning their careers before registering. If you still want more advice concerning your field of study get more information on the following link: National Career Advice Portal