Human Resource Management N4-N6 (N-Diploma)
Human Resource Management N-Diploma Career Path
Every company or organisation has Human Resource Management (HR) division making the career as Human Resource Manager in demand. Considering HR as a career path gives you the opportunity to work from small to big co-orporations of which your limit is only your imagination. It is a career with competitive salaries and compasation that makes HR personnel indespensable.
Career paths ranges from Chief HR Officer, Human Resources Manager or Director, International Human Resources Manager, Training and Development Manager, Human Resource Consultant, Executive Recruiter, Labor Relations Manager, Human resource Analytics Specialist, Employment Manager, Compensation and Benefits Manager
What is Human Resource Management?
Human Resource Management has a wide career span that involves the process of recruiting, selecting, inducting employees, providing orientation, imparting training and development, appraising the performance of employees, deciding compensation and providing benefits. HR further involves motivating employees, maintaining proper relations with employees and their trade unions, ensuring employee safety, welfare and health measures in compliance with labour laws.
How To Obtain A Diploma In Human Resource Management?
Obtaining a diploma in Human Resource Management is the reason of enrolling for HR N4 to N6. The course details are as follows for a diploma in HR;
SAQA ID: 90674
Course Credits: 360
NQF Level: Level 6
Course Duration: 18 to 36 months
Human Resource Management Requirements
To qualify as an HR specialist you need to obtain both theoretical and practical aspects of the course. After completion of your studies, you will obtain a National N Diploma-Human Resource Management.
HR Course Requirements
- Must have a Matric Certificate (National Senior Certificate or Amended Senior Certificate) or equivalent FETC NQF Level 4 qualification.
- An N3 in the relevant specialisation area.
NQF Level Status
N4 – SAQA ID 66873– NQF LEVEL 5
N5 – SAQA ID 66953 – NQF LEVEL 5
N6 – SAQA ID 6997– NQF LEVEL 5
National N Diploma – SAQA ID 90674– NQF LEVEL 6
HR Subjects / Course Modules
All subjects are compulsory:
Human Resource Management N4
- Personnel Management
- Entrepreneurship and Business Management
- Management Communication
- Computer Practice N4
Human Resource Management N5
- Personnel Management N5
- Personnel Training N5
- Labour Relations N5
- Computer Practice N5
Human Resource Management N6
- Personnel Management N6
- Personnel Training N6
- Labour Relations N6
- Computer Practice N6
National N Diploma
- Complete the 18 months practical component (work intergrated learning) in an HR Department
Assessment and Duration
There are two types of assessments: The internal assessment conducted by the college and the national assessment which is the final exam.
- Internal assessment comprises of two tests-Test 1 and Test 2 and the student must obtain a minimum pass of 40%. This assessment qualifies you to sit for the final exam. This assessment is marked by the college.
- Final assessment which is the national exam from the DHET. The exam is a single exam written mostly in the morning at a specified exam centre. The assessment is marked by DHET.
National Exams are conducted by Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) and also monitored by QCTO. Each N-Level course takes from 6 months to 12 months or 1-2 semesters. You can write all the subjects at once or split them. There are two semesters in a year:
- Semester 1: January to June
- Semester 2: July to December
Achievement and Award
The following certificates are awarded by upon successful completion of each level:
- National Certificate: N4 Human Resource Management
- National Certificate: N5 Human Resource Management
- National Certificate: N6 Human Resource Management
How to Register for Human Resource Management course
There are three ways we offer the course:
- Through full-time classes where you come to our campus
- Through part-time Saturday classes at our campus
- Through distance learning or what some call home study or correspondence. (Please note distance learning in Educare is yet to be implemented)
What else can you study-related
NATIONAL CERTIFICATE N4 STUDIES-HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
NATIONAL CERTIFICATE N5 STUDIES-HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
NATIONAL CERTIFICATE N6 STUDIES-HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Let Us Help You Further
Complete the form and we will send you information on registration times, fees, career opportunities and any other relevant information that will be of benefit to your career. Fill the form for further assistance.
You can also send us an email to email@example.com
Work Based Learning (Work Intergrated Learning)
Get practical skills for your career and advance yourself. This will enable you to gain world of work experience. DHET has a plaform that allows current students or those who have finished their studies to register so as to be matched with a relevant employer.
Register for employment opportunities on the following link: Work Experience Registration
The DHET has a career portal that helps learners make informed decision concerning their careers before registering. If you still want more advice concerning your field of study get more information on the following link: National Career Advice Portal