NATIONAL CERTIFICATE: N2 NATED ENGINEERING STUDIES (MILLWRIGHT) (SAQA ID 67375)
A person who qualifies in a millwright course is called a millwright. According to National Scarce Skills List, millwright skill is listed in the first 20 skills shortage in South Africa meaning the skill is in greater demand.
The following are the common duties that are done by electrical technicians:
- The role of a millwright includes: erection, dismantling, installing, reassembling,
- Conducting maintainance and repairs of machinery be it in industries such as factories, power plants, construction sites etc.
- Millwrights are best needed when a company is updating its equipment.
N1 Engineering Studies or 11 (with Mathematics, Science and Drawing) or an equivalent qualification
NQF Level Status
SAQA ID 67375– NQF LEVEL 2
- Mathematics N2
- Engineering Science N2
- Engineering Drawing N2
- Electrical Trade Theory N2
Assessment and Duration
National Exams are conducted by Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) and also monitored by Umalusi. The course takes from 3-6 months or 1-2 trimesters. You can write all the subjects at once or split them. There are three trimesters in a year:
- Trimester 1: January to April
- Trimester 2: May to August
- Trimester 3 September to December
Student must complete 2 internal assessments to contribute towards your term mark (ICASS mark) and must achieve 40% and above to qualify for final exam sitting
Achievement and Award
The following certificate is awarded by Umalusi upon successful completion of each level:
- Certificate of Achievement N2: Engineering Studies