NATIONAL CERTIFICATE: N3 NATED ENGINEERING STUDIES (INSTRUMENTATION) (SAQA ID 67491)
Electrical Engineering-Instrumentation Technician
Instrumentation technician play an important role in our society. They ensure the proper functioning of automated manufacturing equipment and use variety of instruments and devices to record and report data. They work mainly in the manufacturing industries. They attract a competitive salary and their jobs are in demand.
The following are the common duties that are done by electronical technicians:
- Instrumentation technicians test manufacturing and monitoring devices
- They calibrate, install, repair, and inspect manufacturing equipment and monitoring devices.
- They work with scientific and analytic computer software, calculators, voltage and current meters, and electronic probes to diagnose faults in circuitry.
N2 Engineering Studies or Grade 12 (with Mathematics, Science and Drawing) or an equivalent qualification
NQF Level Status
SAQA ID 67491– NQF LEVEL 3
- Mathematics N3
- Engineering Science N3
- Industrial Electronics N3
- Instrument Trade Theory N3
Assessment and Duration
National Exams are conducted by Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) and also monitored by Umalusi. The course takes from 3-6 months or 1-2 trimesters. You can write all the subjects at once or split them. There are three trimesters in a year:
- Trimester 1: January to April
- Trimester 2: May to August
- Trimester 3 September to December
Student must complete 2 internal assessments to contribute towards your term mark (ICASS mark) and must achieve 40% and above to qualify for final exam sitting
Achievement and Award
The following certificate is awarded by Umalusi upon successful completion of each level:
- National N3 Certificate: Engineering Studies