Requirements to get your matric (National Senior Certificate) if you are no longer at school.
Getting Matric Certificate, or what is officially called National Senior Certificate can be done in many different ways. This depends on the reasons that made you not get Matric in the first place in which we will look at some of them.
Ways to get your National Senior Certificate
The obvious way to get Matric is to be in a Secondary School or High School or College and do Grade 12 and pass your exams. Then you will get your Matric with different endorsements depending on the quality of your passes, either a bachelors, diploma or degree pass.
That’s the ideal way of getting it first time. However there are number of things that occur along the way that make people fail to get their matric certificate. Such issues include disturbances when one is about to write exams such as unplanned pregnancies, tragedy like loss of a loved one, lack of focus, you name them that result in one dropping out of school.
However there is always a second chance for people who dropped out of school.
Another reason of not getting matric is actually writing the exams and failing some of the subjects hence resulting in one not getting their certificate.
Getting your matric after dropping out of schoolng
You can get your Matric by registering with ABET ADULT CENTERS or with registered colleges. The matric you will get will be a National Senior Certificate and can be used to further your studies.
Let us start by looking at getting your Matric certificate by doing Technical Matric N3
Technical Matric N3 National Senior Certificate
Technical Matric N3 is the current most popular ways in which people are choosing to complete their Matric certificate. Below is a sample certificate for Technical Matric
Conditions to get Technical Matric N3 Certificate
To get Technical Matric which is also a Senior Certificate with NQF Level 4 which is equivalent to NSC, you need to meet the following requirements
- You need to do six subjects of which two of those are languages.
- It is compulsory to do both Business English and Sake Afrikaans as first and second language
These are the only requirements and the certificate can be obtained in less than 8 months depending on your commitment. There are different subjects you can study but the common ones are the following:
- Supervision In Industry
- Industrial Orientation
- Industrial Organisation and Planning
- Radio and TV Theory
- Engineering Science
- Business English
- Sake Afrikaans
A brief discussion on these subjects will be given in the next post so that you might get a brief understanding on what they are all about. There are many of the subjects however these are the common ones. You only need 6 of these in which English and Afrikaans are a must to have plus any four. Then the Department of Education can issue you with a National Senior Certificate.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask, or leave a comment below and will do our best to clarify the comments you might have.
Conditions to get your NCS now called Amended CAPS Certificate.
To get your matric when you did not get a chance to write it requires one to meet certain conditions.
- You need to be 21 years old and above.
- You need to have completed grade 10 or 11 with proof of a report. If you lost your report you can go to your previous school and ask them to re-write you another one as records are always kept or you askfor a letter that states that you completed your grade 10 or 11.
- If you happened to be studying General Education and Training with ABET ADULT Centers, you need to have completed level 4 and passed the level. The level 4 is equivalent to Grade 11 and you can use that qualification to enroll for grad 12.
- You need two copies of the above requirements.
- You also need to certified copies of Identity Document.
- You also need to pay the registration fee applicable at that time which currently is between R250-R500
Submit your review